Tuesday Talk!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Ok. So I do not want to be a complainer AT ALL...but can I just please tell you I don't feel like there are enough hours in the day lately??
I have SO many things I want to do...NEED to do...would really like to do...and I never seem to get to all the of them. And I am not talking like organize my spice drawer or go through old photo albums. I truly feel like I need 5-6 more hours in the day and I would be GOOD TO GO. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way?!?

Dr. Seuss knows how I feel. HA!
With that being said...the fact that there is NOT 5-6 more hours available...has really led me to pray about my priorities. What MUST get done (whether I like doing it or not), what do I want to make sure I GET to do and what can WAIT. When I plan out my day, I list everything that I need to do, want to do and "it would be nice to do"- then I organize everything according to it's importance. And then I just do the best I can!! Some days everything goes right and ALL THE THINGS get done. Other days...um yeah. NOTHING is accomplished. And for me...it's finding that balance of being ok with both kinds of days and being grateful for EVERY minute!

Are ya'll doing Operation Christmas Child? I picked up a box at Hobby Lobby this past weekend and the girls had so much fun picking out thoughtful and USEFUL gifts for a girl their age! This is the week that you drop your boxes off at a "drop-off" location. If you want to participate in this amazing project- you still can!! If you have a Hobby Lobby- go get an Operation Christmas Child box (or 2 or 4!), follow the instructions as far as what you should put in the box and you have until November 19th to drop it off! I feel like one of the BEST things we can do for our kids is make them AWARE of the world they live in...and that their tiny bubble is not necessarily the "norm." My girls kept saying, "Why are we sending new toothbrushes?" I had to explain to them that simple things like hygiene items are not things that everyone just has! It was eye opening for them!!
Thankful we got to have a tiny part in blessing a beautiful young girl somewhere on this big, beautiful earth for Christmas!
 I feel VERY weird posting this picture of me...as I am basically allergic to selfies. HA!
But- I had to share my pretty lip color I wore to church on Sunday! It is Lipsense in Bombshell with Lipsense Orchid Gloss on top. 
I actually use A LOT of makeup by Senegence (the company that makes Lipsense)...would ya'll be interested in me doing a post about the makeup products I use from them?
I feel like it can be a little tricky to want to buy a product from a "distributor" if you aren't able to see it in person...so I thought it might be fun to show you what I LOVE and wear on a regular basis! Let me know!!
And if you already know you love Lipsense and other products by SeneGence...contact my beautiful, wonderful friend April, on Instagram, on her handle, @smoochbyapril and she will be able to get you ALL.THE.THINGS. and answer any questions you might have about products. She is AMAZING!
 We got our Christmas trees up this weekend and I just have to tell you- these ornament storage boxes from the Container Store are LIFE CHANGING. You must get them. They make putting UP your ornaments so easy and then when it's time to put everything away...it's a BREEZE! Up until 2 years ago, I had all of my ornaments in random shoe boxes, wrapped in tissue paper and it was just a hot mess. I bought a bunch of these storage containers, re-organized all of my Christmas decor and ornaments and it has just been the BEST. I used to get SO stressed out when it was time to put up our decor and also when we had to take it down- but having everything put away nicely, in good quality containers has made it not even big deal!!
 That's all I've got for today! It's the start of my work "week"- I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I think I have everything ready to go to keep us afloat through the end of the week...but I am sure my girls will remind me of something that has to be done RIGHT NOW. HA! Kids keep you, humble- don't they!?!

I hope you have the BEST day!!!


Comments

  1. My Christmas storage could use an overhaul. I'll have to look for those boxes. That's funny that we both posted about Operation Christmas Child on the same day. It really is a great way to get kids involved in serving others. You are so good about that. We had to have that same talk about cups, toothbrushes and soap. It's hard for our kids to wrap their heads around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pulled out some of our Christmas decor today. We will put our tree up after our Thanksgiving trip but I wanted to get everything else out. I definitely need to give our stuff an overhaul!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts