Hello Monday!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Monday!!

Happy DECEMBER! 
The house is decorated, I pulled out the bin of all the kids' Christmas clothes yesterday and I am decorating our little "porch" area today! DECEMBER: We are ready for you! :)
I had all intentions of getting a blog post up the day before Thanksgiving...but yeah. 
That didn't happen! HA! All I can say is #KIDSHOMEFROMSCHOOL
HA!

So- it was a light week on the blogging front last week and then it was Thanksgiving! 
We enjoyed the day together! The weather was beautiful! We started off the day with time at our favorite park where the kids played while Aaron and I went running!
 The rest of our day was spent with the kids playing outside and me preparing our Thanksgiving dinner! We had a "modified" Thanksgiving dinner which included breaded chicken, sauted brussels sprouts, green beans, mashed potatoes, mac 'n' cheese and rolls!
We used our fancy china and it was a special, yummy meal!
We had a little bit of extra celebrating at our house because my oldest daughter turned 11 over the weekend!! 
Charlotte is seriously amazing. I wish all of you could meet her in person!!
She has been the most delightful child since the day she was born (almost SIX WEEKS EARLY) and I am SO very grateful for her!!
Yesterday was the 1st Sunday of Advent AND our friend Theo the Elf came back to visit us for the month! This is one of the kids' FAVORITE traditions and I love using it as an excuse to get everyone new matching Christmas jammies. This year- Theo back all the kids new jammies AND included a pair for Mommy and Daddy!! I am seriously so excited about how ridiculous it will be for all of us to be in matching jammies on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! HA!
At our house, we don't do much with the elf, except move him around to a different location everyday (which I have already forgotten to do- and it's day two. HA!). He doesn't keep track of the kids' behavior or anything like that...it's just all about him being an extra little Christmas friend. While I love all the things festive and magical- the main focus in our house is to cultivate a season of joyful expectation for the coming of our Savior. 
Theo the elf, Santa and all the other stuff is just icing on the cake! :)
We've had a fun, FULL Thanksgiving break! 

And since life goes back to normal today- I (somewhat begrudgingly- HA) threw together a quick meal plan for the week. 
Am I the only one struggling with wanting to make dinner after the Thanksgiving break?!?

Here's what's for dinner this week at our house in case you need some super simple meal ideas!!
MONDAY: Chicken strips, baked potatoes and steamed broccoli
TUESDAY: Skinnytaste chicken enchiladas for Aaron & me  
Crunchy beef tacos for the kids
WEDNESDAY: 4 ingredient chili and grilled cheese
THURSDAY: Shredded chicken burrito bowls and cheese quesadillas
FRIDAY: Pizza!!
SATURDAY: Cheeseburgers and sweet potato fries 
SUNDAY: Spaghetti and meatballs, tossed salad and garlic bread

What's on your agenda for the week? We have a pretty regular, busy week ahead of us with some a few fun, special things sprinkled in throughout the week!

Here's to a WONDERFUL week!
I hope you have the BEST day!
Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday to Charlotte! I didn't know she was 6 weeks early. She seems like such a sweet girl, and she's almost caught up to you in height! Hope you have a great week. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Charlotte! Love the breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Charlotte!! I don't think I ever realized that she came six weeks early! What a surprise. I came a month early and mom my always says it rocked her world. ha! She really is such a sweet helper. I would love to have a Charlotte in my life :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts