Hey Hey Friday: I'm FINE. Everything is FINE.

Hey hey friends!! Happy Friday!!

OMG. This has felt like one of the longest weeks I have had in a LOOONNGGG time. 

It has just been ONE OF THOSE WEEKS. I know ya'll understand!!!
Our week started out so nicely...the kids didn't have school on Monday, so my daughters and I stayed up a little later than normal on Sunday evening and watched the newest episode of Hometown. LOVE that show so much!
And then everything kind of unraveled, slowly, starting on Monday. HA!

If you haven't already- go check out my post from Tuesday. You can read it HERE!
I shared about how my Monday morning went. 
Spoiler alert- everything is FINE but it was quite the JUMPSTART to my week.

On top of my Monday having a somewhat rocky start, my son James became super sick :(
He was a little off over the weekend...but that's all I thought it was- just tired and a little blah.
Well Monday rolled around and he had a super high fever and was miserable. And you know how it is when one of your kids are sick- it just makes things feel so OFF. I felt terrible for him AND I was trying to figure out how to navigate the next couple of days with him being out of school!

Tuesday morning- I took him to the doctor and he tested positive for the flu :( 
I had asked my mom to come watch him in the afternoon while I went to work- and thankfully- she still came over (I wouldn't have blamed her one bit if she didn't feel comfortable being around him)!

By Wednesday he was doing much better, but still not able to go to school. I had to work again in the afternoon- and my mom was so kind to come over again. 
Wednesday afternoon- we found out the President was coming to Raleigh on Thursday (yesterday) and he was literally going to be a mile from our house. Several MAJOR roads in Raleigh- one that our school is on and that we live right off of- was going to be completely shut down for the majority of the afternoon. So- our school had to make the decision to have an early dismissal day. 
SO unexpected and honestly kind of unnerving just knowing SO many roads were going to be completely shut down- making it basically impossible for us to leave our neighborhood. 

ANYWAY. Yesterday morning rolled around and one of my daughters was not feeling well! So I had two sick kids at home. Two went to school for 1/2 a day and my oldest daughter had a normal day- but picking her up from swim practice at 5 pm was VERY stressful due to the road closures.

Are ya'll still with me?? I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. Nothing was really wrong this week- everything just felt so OUT OF ROUTINE and OFF!

On top of all of this- my car got brand new tires put on it- and ever since I have picked it up- it has been driving weird - so we have to take it back to the tire place today. 

And if I am being completely honest- I have not felt good at all this week. I have felt very out of it- and I am pretty sure it's hormonal. Like I am fine- but not really. I have been literally coaching myself to just do the next thing and every night I have gone to bed this week I have congratulated myself. HA! 
And now it's FriYAY!!
My oldest daughter does not have school today. 
My 4 younger kids have a 1/2 day today because of the 2nd quarter ending. So- basically I am not going to get anything done today and that is OKAY :) 

Here's some GOOD NEWS:

James has been fever free for 72 hours and is totally back to himself!
My daughter who wasn't feeling well yesterday feels fine today!
All of the "Chicago" shows aired their first episodes of the season this week and my husband and I are SO excited to watch them all this weekend!
We have ZERO plans for Saturday and Sunday! 
Tonight's pizza night- so I am not cooking!
The sun is supposed to be shining ALL weekend!

So much goodness!

And despite feeling like I just couldn't get a handle on this week- I made it!
And if you've had a similar week- YOU made it!
GO US! 
Thanks a bunch for hanging with me and letting me vent about my wonky week :) 
Ya'll are the BEST!

And before I go- I wanted to make sure you saw my blog post from Wednesday! I shared some fun Valentine themed items from Walmart! You can find the post HERE!

Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!
Linking up with from Andrea and Erica for Friday Favorites!!! 


 

Comments

  1. Why does it always seem like all he crazy happens at the same time. Here's hoping for a much calmer weekend that you had this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, what a week! I hope things settle down and that most of all you start feeling more like yourself. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a week! My husband and I were down for the count for most of the week and I was so thankful that my boys were able to step up and pitch in; helping with grocery getting, storm clean up, getting themselves to school/work/ etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I'm sorry for your challenging week!! I hate weeks like that. Where you just can't get into your routines because things are changing minute by minute. I completely understand. We kicked off the new year this way and I just now feel like we're getting back to our routines. Here's to a boring, normal rest of January for you. Also, car issues are the worst. Especially when you are trying to take care of something like tires and then it snowballs to make things worse. Ugh. I feel for you and am cheering for you to have a wonderful week next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts