Splurge vs. Steal Walmart Finds: Classic Spring Look Edition!

Hey friends!!!

Happy Wednesday!!
So...we are just a few days away from it being MARCH and I don't know about you- but it's kind of a weird time for planning out outfits. It's not warm enough yet for the super "springy" clothing..but I am SO over sweaters and sweatshirts!

I started thinking about a few closet staples and how they could work for a transitional winter/spring wardrobe!

Here's what a came up with:

-denim jacket- EVERYONE needs a great fitting denim jacket!

-tailored white button down shirt- so versatile- can be dressed up or dressed down- and something that I need to add to my closet!

-ankle length black jeans- a classic wardrobe staple- they go with EVERYTHING and flatter every body type!

-cute pair of slip-on shoes- it's not warm enough yet for sandals...a classic pair of slip-ons is such a fun transition between boots and sandals!

Then- I did a little search for these items- ON A BUDGET. Because you know I love a deal! HA! And then for fun- I found a splurge alternative of each item- because I LOVE doing a comparison of splurges versus steals!

Ok...let's go shopping!

We'll start with a fun, cute pair of slip-on shoes. 

You can find these rose colored slip on shoes, by the brand Sperry, on Zappos.com for $54.95. Which, I think for a quality brand like Sperry, is very reasonable! Not inexpensive by any means...but not a crazy price tag either.
However, if you need a price point lower, you can spend almost $40 less and pick these rose gold perforated slip on shoes up right HERE on Walmart's website!
I actually just ordered these and they were delivered yesterday! They are SO cute and I love that they have a little "shine" to them!

Next up- the CLASSIC WHITE SHIRT.

This white shirt is from Talbots- they call it the "perfect shirt" has solid 4 out of 5 star reviews and is $79.50.
This classic white shirt, by the Time and Tru line is $14.96 and has 72 (almost) 5 star reviews!
I don't know about you- but I am having a hard time finding any visible differences between the more expensive Talbot's shirt and the Walmart version. I am sure it would come down to how they fit! I will tell you- while I don't own the Walmart white button shirt- I have had it in my cart SEVERAL times- and then ended up not buying it because I don't "need" it. 
It is VERY well made, has a great weight to it and is also a great length. 

Now I think I need to go to Walmart and buy it. HA!

BLACK ANKLE LENGTH JEANS.
A good pair of black jeans are really a must have in my opinion. You can dress them up and also very easily pair a cute t-shirt with them and you have an easy casual outfit.
Paired with the white button shirt- you have such a TIMELESS look!

I love the idea of tucking the white shirt in and adding a belt for a polished look.
And for another outfit option- wearing the white button down shirt untucked or maybe even open over a white t-shirt or tank!

These black ankle length jeans are from Nordstrom and you can have these in your closet for a mere $188! HA! I mean- I had to laugh when I saw how much they cost! 
TOTALLY no judgement if jeans are the area of your wardrobe where you splurge...but for me- I CANNOT spend this much on jeans. 
Lucky for me- I found these black, ankle length jeans are PERFECT for Spring. They are high waisted, have over 150 (almost) 5 star reviews are $17.84!!

Also- I wanted to add- it is SO hard to find a good pair of fitting jeans. I try to find a balance between staying on budget and also valuing an item if they fit like a dream. Other places that have affordable and great fitting black jeans are Old Navy, Gap, and Loft!!

DENIM JACKET.
Everyone needs a denim jacket in their closet. It literally goes with EVERYTHING! 

You can find this denim jacket at Banana Republic...and it is $98.50. It has SUPER awesome reviews!! (Downside- not many sizes available online).
This denim jacket is from the Time and Tru line and is just under $20!!
It has amazing reviews and I love the cut of it and the wash of the denim!!
I love how these 4 pieces work so well together and can also be broken up separately and utilized in so many other outfit options!!

I used to be a person who bought A LOT of clothing...but most of it really didn't serve a great purpose. As I have gotten older- I have realized how important it is to have mostly classic pieces in my closet with a sprinkling of fun and trendy items.
It just makes getting dressed SO much easier!! 

I'd love to know- what do you think of this outfit? 
Is this something you would wear? 

What are some of your favorite classic closet "must-haves?"
Hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!


Comments

  1. i love all your steals. Those slip on shoes are to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know those slip on's are one of my favorite things from Walmart. I've had my peach/pink pair for several years and they're still going strong. I have a similar quilted pair that are terrific too. I've seen great reviews of the denim jacket too. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all of these!! They are all such classic pieces that look good on everyone. I tend to go for a button down chambray vs a white button down because I'm so clumsy! I spill stuff on myself all the time. I'd love to find some cute slip ons for Spring. My shoes could always use a refresh from season to season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Walmart slip-ons are super cute! You found some great steals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts