Friday Favorites!

Hey friends!!

Happy Friday!!!

Ok. WOW. We are officially done with the first week of February. 
That went by fast...didn't it??

This time of year is soooo weird to me. It's like time feels like it's moving so slow...yet- I am always so amazed at how fast the weeks feel like they are flying by!!
Tell me I am not the only one who feels this way?!? HA!

It was a pretty chill week for us...what about you?

I took a purposeful break from my half marathon training and did some lighter workouts AND worked on getting to bed earlier...which I really ended up loving. Two nights ago, my husband and I were talking about a bunch of stuff and I ended up getting in bed at 10:30 (I have been forcing myself to get in bed at 9:45) and I was like WHOA. It's late! HA! 
I tell you what though...I could feel the difference the next morning!! While I love my "kid-free" hours at night once their in bed...I really want to continue to get some more sleep. 
I feel like it's kind of a useful thing to prioritize in this season of life. HA!!

Here's a few FAVORITES from this past week!!

The kiddos and I went to Greensboro, NC last weekend because Aaron was there for a conference. He was busy all day on Saturday so the kids and I did lots of exploring...including finding the newly opened Trader Joe's! I am a total freak and made the kids take a selfie with me....and the nicest older man saw me wrangling them and kindly offered to take our picture. I am sure the kids were mortified..but they happily obliged for their mommy ;)
LOVE is in the air at our house now that it's February!! I have my pink and gray pillows on the couch and have a few decorations up for the kids in our eating area of the kitchen. The kids also have their love note mailboxes set out :)
This is something I have been doing since Cora and Charlotte were super young! 
From February 1st through February 14th- the kiddos get a daily love note and a tiny treat (think mini sized candy) in their mailbox. They LOVE it and look forward to their "mail" every day. I got these cute mailboxes at the Target dollar spot last year!!
In the past I have also used the traditional mini tin mailboxes and heart felt envelopes...these mailboxes are definitely the kiddos' FAVORITE because they have a cute little door they can open in the back! :)
 I have been baking, baking, baking lately!!
We are having our annual women's retreat at our church today and tomorrow and I was put in charge the dessert table for tonight's portion of the retreat. Amongst lots of other things we're having, a made a TON of mini chocolate chip cookies using my most FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie recipe! You can find the recipe HERE!
I love this cookie dough recipe so much- because it freezes beautifully! I made the dough last week, rolled it into logs, wrapped it up in parchment paper and put it in my deep freezer. Then, yesterday afternoon, I baked all the cookies! 
I ordered this cute little camo t-shirt from Old Navy a couple weeks ago and before I could even take the tags off of it...my oldest daughter asked to wear it ;)
It is REALLY cute! And it's only $10 currently!!!
Here's a tip for you taller ladies...or if you prefer your shirts to be longer...order your size in TALL!
On certain shirts- Old Navy offers them in a TALL.
I get the XS Tall and it fits PERFECTLY! It has just that little bit of extra length I prefer..but it is still slightly fitted- which is how I like my t-shirts to fit!
The only downside is- you can only get tall sizes online...but- the good news is- you can still return them in any Old Navy store!
And finally...if you are looking for a YUMMY recipe to make this weekend...look no further than Pioneer Woman's Quick Shells and Cheese! I made this for my husband's birthday and he and the kiddos had it again last night (we had a lot left over and were able to put several containers in our deep freezer) and it is a WINNER. I will be honest and say- one of my kiddos can quit her fake shells and cheese and prefers the box shells and cheese..but the majority loved it:)
It's a super simple recipe to make and is such a great side dish!!
If you are interested...and didn't see my posts earlier from this week- you can check out my meal plan for this past week and some favorite convenience foods I use to make quick and easy dinners HERE and a few things I am loving lately HERE!

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL week!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!

Comments

  1. Love the TJ's selfie!!
    Those Valentine mailboxes are the CUTEST! Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those valentine mailboxes are so sweet!! I'm sure that's the highlight of their month :) I always LOVE when people offer to take a family picture for me. Glad you got a cute pic with your crew on one of your adventures. I LOVE mac and cheese so I'll have to try that recipe. Fletcher and I are the only ones who eat it so I rarely make a batch of homemade. Mostly because I'd eat the entire pan - ha! Hope you have a great weekend. Your cookies + conference sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pic in Trader Joe's. Your family is just beautiful! The mac and cheese looks delicious and easy! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Valentine's mail, and those little mailboxes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the best ideas! Love their little mailboxes! And wonderful tip on the Tall from Old Navy. I used to order Tall when I was pregnant in dresses but some things are way better tall than on the shorter side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone,I’m so excited my husband is back after he left me for another woman. My husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think she use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Wealthy can help get an ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it, then he did a love spell for me. 22hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he missed me so much, Oh My God! I was so happy, and today I am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and I thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Wealthy, he is so powerful and I decided to share my story here. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Wealthy for help now..Here’s his email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
    He also do the following spell
    Pregnancy spell
    Love spell
    Penis enlargement spell
    herpes
    Winning spell
    His WhatsApp +2348105150446
    Blog: wealthylovespell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts