Hello Monday!!

Hey friends!!

Happy Monday! 

PHEW. Last week was WEIRD. Hence the reason I only wrote one blog post!

The kids were off last Monday for President's Day. Then James was off on Tuesday- and while that was super fun to have a special day with just him and Marshall- it was still an "off" routine day. Then- we got snow Thursday night and our whole town shut down. HA! Eastern North Carolina doesn't do snow very well!! So- the kids were off from school on Friday too.
AND- it was Aaron's weekend to work. 

Also- I don't know about you- but I am definitely feeling some funky February vibes...I can't quite put my finger on it- but I am just a bit off. 
Tell me I am not the only one feeling this way?!? 

All I have to say- is- I AM GLAD IT'S MONDAY.
HA!

How are you doing? How was your weekend?
We didn't do a whole lot due to Aaron working and the weather being cold and wet and then SUPER muddy- because by Sunday- all of the snow had melted.

The kids did make this ADORABLE snow man family on Saturday. They had SO much fun working together and my heart definitely burst multiple times looking out the window while they were having so much fun!
Last week, I decided our master bathroom linen closet needed an overhaul.
I am pretty organized and consistently go through our stuff- so it wasn't a huge project- but the short amount of time I spent on it- made a big impact!

It took me about 30 minutes to go through everything and clear out a bunch of boxes/trash.
I took everything out of the random bins we had everything in.
And organized everything into new, coordinating bins! I picked these up at Walmart- I definitely could have found cuter bins- but I wanted to complete the project immediately and wasn't willing to wait on ordering bins.
I am loving that all of our toiletries, sheets and towels are now tucked away in these bins.
Everything is organized and it all just looks so much CLEANER.
It was a fun, EASY project to complete....which is my favorite kind of project. HA!
Now I am ready to get our linen closet an overhaul!! Stay tuned for that! HA!

We've got a busy week ahead of us...there are several nights this week where we have things going on- so I planned our menu according to that!
MONDAY: Trader Joe's lasagna, 
buttered parmesan noodles (for my picky eaters) and tossed salad

TUESDAY: grilled sausage, waffle fries and steamed green beans

WEDNESDAY: Potato corn chowder (recipe found HERE) and grilled cheese and carrots + ranch for dipping

THURSDAY: baked chicken tenders, buttered noodles and green beans for kids
for grown ups: crockpot salsa verde chicken burrito bowls

FRIDAY: leftover potato corn chowder and cheesy toast

SATURDAY: cheeseburgers, waffle fries and steamed broccoli

SUNDAY: Rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed green beans 
(and roasted brussel sprouts for the grown ups!!)

What's for dinner at your house this week???
Let me know if you are making something that I need to add to my menu..I am ALWAYS in need of new dinner ideas!!

Okay. That's all I have for today. Here's to a less funky week and NO snow days. HA!
Hope you have the BEST day!! 
Here's to an amazing start to our week!!

Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!

Comments

  1. Isn't organizing just the best!? I hope this week is more on schedule for you guys! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. last week just felt off to me too. Im ready for March and a fresh start. I love your organizing I need to get motivated and start cleaning/purging our house

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a case of the February blues because I feel like it has rained here NON Stop. Luckily we did get some nice weather this weekend but I am so ready for SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the Feb funk. I have felt that way off and on during Jan and Feb. Hoping for sunnier days ahead! The closet looks incredible. It's amazing what some coordinated bins will do! Hope your week is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your closet makeover looks great! I've definitely felt the Feb funk vibes, too. I have lots I want to get done, am feeling more tired than usual and not sleeping great. I'm working hard to keep my attitude in check and keep plugging away, but I'm noticing that it's harder than usual. The lack of sunshine and daylight isn't helping the situation either - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That snowman family is the CUTEST!! Love your closet organization inspiration too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts