Currently Loving: Friday Edition!

Hey friends!! Happy Friday!!  
How was your week?
We had a really good, nice and fairly "normal" week. Yesterday afternoon and evening was a little nuts- I was picking up and dropping kids off at a variety of activities and sports from 3:30- 9:00 pm...but that's just how it is some days!

I have just a bunch of random links + things that I am loving and wanted to share with ya'll today!!

Let's start with LOVE. 
I LOVE love and I am totally invested in the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce relationship. I am not at all into Taylor Swift's music...it's actually not my favorite at all- BUT! She is beautiful and seems lovely. Travis Kelce is hysterical (I love listening to his podcast) and the two of the them together just make me happy! I am here for it!

My husband and I were talking and we decided that we are so excited for what's happening between Taylor and Travis- because it reminds us of when we fell in love! 
Not that I was a billionaire super star and Aaron was a professional football player when we met...(HA!)- But- that we know that feeling of just being so excited about each other and it's just the BEST!
Anyway- I am on Team Travis & Taylor! Although..I haven't decided who I am cheering for when the Chiefs play the Eagles this upcoming Monday- because I also love Jason Kelce (Travis' brother)!

I read this blog post earlier this week and I just thought it was SO funny. And SO good. I love the idea of "low stake burns." You have to go read the post!! And I am totally going to bring back the saying, "Go jump in a lake!" HA!

I REALLY want a pair of PERFECT fitting black pants. I want to feel like a million bucks in them. The problem is- I don't want to shop for them. HA! And I also don't want pull on black pants. I want them to have a zipper and a button. I want them to be fitted but not crazy tight. I would take a little flare at the bottom- but not a bell bottom. And I don't want to pay more than $50 for them. 
Anyone have any suggestions where I can find these unicorn black pants!? HA!
And to go with my black pants, I want to get this velvet blazer. This type of outfit is so NOT my norm..but I love the color of the blazer and I just think it would look so chic with a pair of great fitting black pants!
Did you see my post from a couple of days ago? I shared all about the makeup I love and use!
You can check it out HERE!
I mentioned that I love the brand Colourpop- especially their eyeshadows!! 
FYI: Colourpop is currently on sale at Target!
They are already super affordable- and right now you can save even more! 
So if you need an excuse to buy a new eyeshadow palette- I have just given you one! HA!
I am on an ongoing journey to find THE DRY SHAMPOO. You know- one that will change your life and allow you to not wash your hair more than once a week. HA!
I literally think I have used at least 15 different dry shampoo brands over the past couple of years! My hair dresser told me she really liked the Amika brand- so a couple weeks ago I picked up this set at Sephora (at my local Kohls). The verdict: I LOVE IT! 
Pros: It smells lovely. It works. It doesn't make my hair feel super crusty when I use it for a couple days in a row.
Cons: It's pricey. This set- which is a full size dry shampoo and a travel size- is $28- which is a great deal- considering the regular size dry shampoo, on it's own, is $28.00! 
It's leaves a little white residue- but it's easy to blend in. 

I am very happy with it- and despite it being a little more than I like to spend on dry shampoo- I think I am going to stick with this brand for the time being!!
Do you have set dates that you allow yourself to do certain things? Like, you decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Or you wear your white jeans after Memorial Day. You get the picture! For me- I decorated our house for Christmas last weekend- BUT- I wait to put Christmas sheets on everyone's bed until December 1st. That's also when I get out my Christmas coffee mugs. Well- I have decided life is too short and I am going to get my Santa coffee mug down and use it tomorrow. I am living life on the edge over here! HA!
My son James got my husband and I matching mugs at our former neighbors garage sale a couple years ago and they are just SO precious to me!
I think that's all I have for today! This was quite the random post...but that is very on brand for me. HA! If we were to hang out and have a cup of coffee or go on a walk together- these are exactly the types of things we would talk about! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! And a FABULOUS Friday!

Linking up with from Andrea and Erica for Friday Favorites!!!  




Comments

  1. I am a (way too old) swiftie AND a HUGE life-long Chiefs fan so I am ALL in on the Travis/Taylor relationship. It's adorable. And due to the adorementioned Chiefs fandom, I feel like Taylor now "belongs" to us.

    Those Santa mugs are adorable!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hearing engagement rumors for Taylor and Travis...how exciting. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the Taylor/Travis story, but Jason is my favorite Kelce - have you seen the Christmas songs the Eagles recorded? Oh my goodness, Jason and Jordan Malaita (especially Jordan) are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also in search of a velvet blazer like the one you pictured. A few years ago I saw a woman at a casual holiday party wearing a well fitted teal green velvet blazer with jeans that looked so stylish. I have been on the hunt for a reasonably priced velvet blazer ever since. Please keep us posted if you find the perfect blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I'm also invested in the Taylor + Travis love story! I love reading about the latest developments and speculations on the things to come. I just love love. Have you tried any of the Sofia Vergara jeans at Walmart?? I'm obsessed and they're $28.99. They don't stretch out and the quality is great. Zip fly and lots of styles. Happy jeans hunting! Also, my least favorite thing in the world to shop for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts