Hey Hey Friday!

 Hey Hey friends!!! We made it to Friday!!
How has the week of Halloween + the start of a new month gone for you??

For us- it hasn't felt a like a "normal" week! It's been good- just not the norm!
Obviously- Halloween on a weekday always makes things feel a little wonky. HA! On top of that, my 4 youngest kiddos have been home on fall break since Wednesday.  But my oldest has still had school and swim practice after school. So it's felt like I don't have to be on a schedule...but I actually still need to be. HA!

Needless to say...I am excited for the weekend to be here!

I have a few fun things I want to share with y'all today!

//ONE//
My oldest daughter has started swimming for her high school team and I have to go pick her up at 5 pm from her practice. Most nights, it's just me picking her up and I LOVE our car ride home together SO much. She gives me a VERY detailed run down of her day (which makes me SO happy) and we also chat about friend/boy stuff. I truly look forward to picking her up every day and I am just so thankful for our time together in the car!
//TWO//
I already shared this picture in my Monday blog post...but I wanted to share it again because it makes me happy :)
Aaron and I were the "greeters" at our kids' school Fall Fest and it was such a FUN afternoon.
I was a "fairy" - courtesy of an old dance recital costume my daughter wore and Aaron was channeling Danny Zuko vibes!
//THREE//
I have started following Vanesa Amaro on Instagram and I am LOVING all of her recommendations! She is a professional house cleaner and she gives the BEST tips! She recommended this spray to clean the grout in your shower- so of course, I promptly bought it!
I actually haven't used it on our shower floor yet- but I have used it on our white kitchen sink that have been looking SO dingy! I have tried a lot of different things to get our sink not looking so stained and nothing has really worked. On a whim, I decided to try this spray on it- and it worked MAGIC!! I generously sprayed our sink and let it sit for about an hour. I then gave it a good scrub and rinsed it- and I am telling you- our sink looks almost new! This truly made me SO happy!
//FOUR//
We made Halloween candy cookies yesterday and YOU MUST MAKE THEM.
It's such a great way to use up all of the candy that is just sitting in your pantry, taunting your children every time they walk by! HA!
We just gather up any kind of chocolate candy and chop it all up. Honestly the biggest and hardest part of making these cookies is unwrapping all of the candy! I got a couple of my kids to help me and they definitely made sure to "try" a couple of pieces while they were unwrapping. HA!  I use my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe- but instead of adding chocolate chips- we add all of the candy. Bake at 350 like you would a regular chocolate chip cookie and you've got yourself the YUMMIEST cookie! These are also super fun to share with friends and family!
Here's my chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I will stand by that! :)
Did you see my other two blog posts from earlier this week?
I shared our weekly meal plan and a delicious recipe on Monday- you can check it out HERE!
And I also did a "coffee chat" post on Wednesday! You can check it out HERE!

Ok friends! I am going to workout and get ready for the day! My husband and I have a meeting with a financial advisor this morning and if we have time after our appointment- we are going to hit up Costco. BIG day ahead for us. HA! 

Hope you have the BEST day and a WONDERFUL weekend!

Linking up with from Andrea and Erica for Friday Favorites!!! 

Comments

  1. Good luck to your daughter with her swimming. It sounds nice to have that car ride home together.
    That cleaning spray sounds amazing and the cookies sound so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts