Hello Monday!

Hey friends!!

Happy Monday!! How was your weekend?
Our's was a great one! My big project this weekend was decorating our house for Christmas!
Yes. I am one of those people! HA!
My birthday is in early December and my "gift" to myself is to have all of my decorating done before my birthday. So I spent all of Saturday and Sunday getting all of our trees up and decorated! The kids put their trees up in their rooms and we are just so happy to have some holiday cheer in our house! We all agreed that the lights on all of our trees make the dark afternoons/evenings so much better!

I also did some baking this weekend!

Every Sunday, after we get home from church, I make a batch of "semi-homemade" cinnamon rolls. They are SO SO good!!! 
Several years ago (I think 7 to be exact!), I wrote a blog post on how I make my cinnamon rolls. You can check it out HERE- but please be aware- my pictures are TERRIBLE. The iphone camera has come a long way!! HA! 

I also made an apple crumb pie! My oldest daughter's school is having a Friendsgiving and I signed up to make several dishes, including a pie!
Here is the recipe I use! It's my mom's recipe and I am telling you- it's fool proof!
My "secret" ingredient to making pie is using Aldi pie crusts!! I know it is fairly easy to make a pie crust- but I much prefer to buy mine ;)
I personally think Aldi's pie crusts are superior to name brands! 
Doesn't it look delicious!!?? 
If you are looking for a pie recipe for Thanksgiving- give this one a try!!
New week- new meal plan!!

Here's what we're having for dinner this week!
I am going to be having egg white and chicken sausage muffins for breakfast, simple egg salad on a wrap or grilled chicken in a wrap for lunch and chili cornbread bake with a big salad for dinner!

I am looking forward to a great week! It's going to be a fairly full week- which I actually prefer! 
I love having things to do and look forward to- every day!

On my agenda for today is cooking for my daughter's school's Friendsgiving! I am making a green bean casserole, broccoli rice and cheese casserole and making a big pan of steamed broccoli. I am REALLY glad I already made the apple pie! HA!

What are you up to today? Anything fun going on this week?

I recently started following Iulia Bochis on Instagram. She creates these amazing paintings with encouraging sentiments and I just LOVE them!
I wanted to share this one with ya'll today! It's such a good reminder- in the big AND little things- we can't calm the storm- but we can calm ourselves. I am carrying this thought into the week!
Happy Monday!! I hope you have the BEST day!

 

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts