Hey Friday!

Hey hey friends!! Happy Friday!!!
I love a Friday. I mean- who doesn't?? 
Alternatively- I also love a Monday. HA!

Isn't this the TRUTH?? 
It was a really good week in our little neck of the woods. 
I am heading into the weekend feeling super grateful for all the little glimmers that I saw this week!

I wanted to share a few with you!!

My daughter had her first high school state swim meet this past Monday. She did not qualify to swim in any individual events- but she did swim on two relays. I am SO freaking proud of her!
She has swam on summer swim teams for several years- but nothing super serious. 
Over the past few months, she has learned SO much from her coaches, has made some great new friends, had a TON of fun and has really been challenged. It's been awesome to see her keep pushing- even when things felt really hard and like she wasn't getting anywhere. 
It's very very cool to see your kids do hard things :)
I was at Aldi on Monday and they had alll the roses out for Valentine's Day. Aren't they amazingly beautiful?!? I love Aldi roses! $9.99 a dozen- and they always have the prettiest colors!!
I have been setting our kitchen table for Valentine's Day ever since my two oldest daughters were babies. It is one of my FAVORITE things to do! I always get each of the kids a stuffed animal (my oldest kiddos STILL love a stuffed animal :) and a couple other goodies!
I finished the last pack of my "gold" eye patches I use in the morning and decided to give these eye patches a try! I LOVE them. I got them on sale for just under $10 and they are still on sale for that price! You can find them HERE on Amazon!!! They truly WORK and they are SO fun! They come in different colors and there is tiny little flecks of glitter in the eye patches!!

I put my eye patches on right before I leave to do school drop off. 
I put on my sunglasses and no one knows I have glittery eye patches on! HA!
Soooo....my oldest daughter is DRIVING. She got her learner's permit this past November and has been regularly driving with my husband. She has recently started driving us all to church every Sunday. Up until yesterday, I had not driven with her by myself. Traffic is CRAZY in Raleigh and I am just a nervous nellie. I decided I needed to get over it and start driving with her! We went to visit my mom and Charlotte drove the whole there and back. She did AMAZING. 
My precious girl who showed up almost 6 weeks early and made me a mama is growing up RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I don't know if I will ever get over it! 
It was a fun week here on the blog!

I shared what a Day in the Life looks for us on Monday. You can check it out HERE.
On Wednesday, I shared about a few "little" things I do every day! You can check it out HERE!

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?
All of my kids have the day off from school today, so I think we are going to check out a new park in a nearby town! 
We will have our usual Friday night pizza picnic- which is one of our most favorite things we do every week. We don't really have anything planned for Saturday- YAY!
Sunday, we have church and then we are going over to my mom's to do some outside work and have dinner!
It will be a great weekend- and it will also be very loud, chaotic and I am sure my husband and I will yell at our kids at least a couple of times. HA!

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!





Linking up with from Andrea and Erica for Friday Favorites!!!  


Comments

  1. I can't believe you have a driver in the house! Time flies. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest is driving and I just finally let him take me on the highway last week! LOL. I tend to be a nervous passenger and teacher too but my husband has not been around to drive with any of my boys... you'd think I'd be used to it by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another driver in the house!?? That has to feel so wild! I'm proud of you for driving with her because that is not a milestone I'm excited about. I think I'll have to delegate that job to dad :) I hope you had a great, long weekend with your crew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts