Tuesday Talk!

Hey friends!!
Happy Tuesday!! How are you doing?
We're all good at our house! Not too much is going on at the moment...and I am loving it :)

Per the usual- my mind has hundreds of thoughts and ideas floating around in it...let me share a few with you!

Well. I am not doing a great job with several of the "things I was excited about" at the beginning of the new year. I am referencing this blog post I wrote- you can find it HERE.
I started off the year strong by meal planning for the entire month of January. LOVED it! It was so helpful! Do you think I continued that into February? Nope. Sure didn't. I have literally been flying by the seat of my pants every week this month. I did finally force myself to plan our dinners for this week AND I am trying out a new recipe (GO ME!) I thought these potato chip chicken tenders looked yummy!! Who doesn't love chicken baked in chips?!? 
You can find the recipe HERE
I also started out the year saying that I was really going to cut down my spending and not buy anything clothing for myself for 5 months. Well. I have definitely cut down my spending A LOT. But- last week I bought myself a couple hoodies from Old Navy and a t-shirt from Target. 
IN MY DEFENSE- all items were ON SALE. The hoodies were actually on sale for $14 from $40- so they were a steal. (As you can see- I am really good at rationalizing my purchases)
 I am back on the no spending money clothing train- EXCEPT for a pair of jean shorts I am planning on buying in a couple of months. 
I was also "excited" to not scroll so much on Instagram. I was doing SO SO good - and then I got super sick. And I was laying on the couch so much and got so sick of watching TV, that I started my yucky scrolling habit back up. I haven't been great about getting it back in check. 
I NEED TO. 
So yeah..you can see- I am really killing it over here! HA! 

Speaking of dinner- I made ground beef tacos for dinner last night. I put out crunchy shells, flour tortillas and tortilla chips (we LOVE the multigrain tortilla chips from Aldi!!). Every single one of my kids ate dinner and did not act like I was poisoning them. HA! I am sure you are thinking to yourself- "of course your kids ate dinner- it was TACOS." 
Except all of my kids have strongly disliked tacos for years. It has just been in the last few months that I can OCCASIONALLY make tacos and it's acceptable. Which has just been so so painful for Aaron and me- because we LOVE tacos. Anyway...maybe we are turning a corner and we can be a normal family who eats tacos happily ;)

As I was cleaning my kitchen last night, I thought to myself- "I LOVE having a prep sink in our island!" So random. But I actually think this thought a lot. Before moving into our house, I never thought about having a sink in a kitchen island- let alone want one. But I have to tell you- that little sink is SO handy. It's nice to have an extra sink for washing hands right before meals and it's so handy when I am prepping food or baking! 
It's definitely not necessary at all- but I really do love it!

I just placed orders with Old Navy, Walmart and Amazon and pretty much got everything I need for my kids' Easter baskets. I really like shopping early for holidays. Shopping for 3 girls- with strong opinions about what they like + my two boys- it can be somewhat time consuming!! I have a budget I follow and it takes a lot of searching and watching sales. All that to say- I am glad to have that shopping done! And I am really hopeful that the things I bought my two older daughters work. I luckily can try their things on and know if they will fit my girls! 

Aaron and I were talking recently and we agreed we are in our semi anti-social era. HA!
Here's the deal- we love people! And we love doing things with people. But in this season of our life- we really have no desire to do anything social on the weekends. I am busy all week with the kids, a little bit of work, I have a couple good friends who I make an effort to spend time with regularly and I spend every Thursday with my mom. Aaron's days are long. He sees A LOT of patients and his job can be somewhat mentally exhausting. So by the time Friday rolls around- all we want to do is hang out with each other and our kids. If we are hanging out with anyone else- it's my mom and my brother and his family. And we are SO good with it. 
I know things will pick up as the weather gets warmer...it always does! 
But for right now- I am truly loving our very very very light social calendar!

I definitely could keep rambling on..but I think I am going to cut it off here :)

I really hope you have a GREAT day!! And thank you for stopping by my little corner of the internet- it means a lot to know you want to spend a couple minutes of your day here! :)


Comments

  1. I loved this little catch up. I know what you mean about the antisocial era. A lot of our social contacts were from kids activities. Now they are out of the house, and we are feeling unmotivated to make new connections. I'm not stressed about it though. I have friends I get together with, and he has friends at work. We just don't have a lot of couple friends right now. You are SUPER mom for getting FIVE Easter baskets ready so early. I'm excited to make baskets for my kids, since we will see them Easter weekend! So funny about the tacos. For a long time, Grace didn't like the texture of ground beef, so taco night was never super easy. I usually made her a quesadilla or had some leftover chicken for her tacos. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know your thinking in how you put together Easter baskets. Easter baskets and Christmas stockings are some of my favorite things to shop for. I try to have a good mix of practical, fun, and something for my kids to grow in faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts